Promises and protection

Today we traveled to the Dead Sea area and we started at Kumaran. Here we saw the place where the Dead sea scrolls were found. The area was amazing, there was cliff after cliff and the whole land seemed barren. However in a pretty non-descript place these life changing scrolls were found. 

Looking over the area, I marvelled at how God works. How the seemingly impossible, with him, becomes possible and how he works things together to make sure his plans come to pass. I decided, whenever I struggle to see God's plan, or whenever things seemed hopeless I would think of this place, because if he could ensure then 'needle in the haystack' was found, he can do the impossible things in my life. As Jeremiah 29:11 says: 


Our second stop was an amazing mountain palace built by Herod in Masada. It was the place of a showdown between revolting Jews in the palace and the Romans on the hillside. It was an astounding place. It was amazing that it had even been made in such an inhospitable place. Not only that, but it was such a place of luxury. 

The heat was pretty intense and as we wandered, we hopped from shady spot to shady spot, even these spots were few and far between. this trip has certainly made me consider more some of the imagery that there is in the bible. I came across Psalm 121:5


What a promise!

We then made our way to the dead shores of the dead sea where we spent some time floating around and enjoying the views. It was a bizarre feeling, a bit like a cork bobbing about, but it was a stunning place. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my favourite clothing company taught me all about the abundance of God!

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Tales from the Riverbank - Singing at Midnight